To be a Global Centre of Excellence Offering University Education by Open and Distance Learning (in the East African Region and Beyond).
To Provide Quality University Education in the Pursuit of Developing Professionalism Using Appropriate ODL Technologies, Innovative Research and Development, in Partnership with Relevant Organizations for the Betterment of Society.
Quality Education for All by ODL
In order to realize the above vision and mission, certain shared values shall be nurtured. The Department shall be guided by the following core values:
- Democratization of quality education.
- Professionalism in the provision of education.
- Teamwork and participatory management in decision making.
- Creation of a conducive environment for quality teaching, research and consultancy.
- Provision of learner support services that include academic and psychosocial guidance and counseling support to our learners.
- Building of strong partnerships with all stakeholders.
- Creation of a conducive environment for staff to achieve the highest level of performance through quality training, development and commensurate compensation.
- Good corporate governance.
- Respect for and conservation of the environment.